Have trouble appreciating this humble vegetable? Enter: Oven Roasted Cauliflower.
This just might be the recipe that changes your mind forever, people!
I love Bountiful Baskets and all of its fresh goodness, especially in our rural area where the selection of fresh produce is quite limited to whatever happens to be available in our small local grocery store at any given moment. Understandably, I sometimes get over-zealous when ordering from Bountiful Baskets and this was precisely the case when I clicked on the “case of cauliflower” box. Yikes! Well now that it is here, deal with it! And one of the best ways to do just that is this wonderful method of preparing it. Not only will you happily eat your portion, you will be clamoring for more!
Throw the prepared cauliflower in a big bowl. Take a moment of silence and ponder its normal boringness, why the common tradition of drowning it in ridiculous amounts of Ranch dressing seems actually understandable. Okay, now imagine the wonder of it potentially transforming into an absolute culinary delight. Watch closely, my child!
Add the other ingredients–it’s beginning its transformation! See it beginning to live?!
Pop it into the oven where the miracle of cauliflower metamorphosis will take place.
Viola! It’s emerging from the oven! Oh! Look at that!
Have you ever seen such a thing?! There nothing quite like it! Except the eating of it, of course!
Serve it up! Accept the compliments with grace….do not accept any requests for Ranch dressing, however….
- Two medium heads cauliflower
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 - 1tsp black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease jelly roll pan.
- Wash and drain cauliflower. Break into florets.
- Place florets in large bowl: add all other ingredients Toss to coat.
- Spread florets evenly in pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and browned, turning halfway through.
- Spices can be varied to your tastes.
- Try smoked sea salt in place of the regular salt for more yumminess.